Aon celebrated National Apprenticeship Week with the goal of showcasing the value of registered apprenticeship programs for rebuilding the economy, advancing racial and gender equity, and supporting underserved communities. As their dedicated global communications partner, Vested built a multi-channel integrated communications plan supporting the initiative.
National Apprenticeship Week is a flagship event for Aon, made even higher profile with the attendance of First Lady Dr. Jill Biden at the 2022 Chicago event hosted at the Aon Center in Chicago. With these factors in mind, the Vested team developed a detailed strategy focused on earned and owned media with the goal of amplifying Aon’s Apprenticeship model and messaging across key channels and cities nationally.
Vested used various channels to garner national and local media coverage, including leveraging the presence of First Lady Dr. Jill Biden and other prominent government figures, video broadcasts, custom collateral, and paid and organic social media. The full-scale integrated campaign leveraged the momentum from the First Lady’s attendance and the Chicago Apprentice Network event as a hook across other key target cities, positioning Aon as a model employer to generate media opportunities about building a resilient workforce through city leaders, Aon Apprentices and Aon executive spokespeople.
The Vested team executed numerous activations throughout the week, all generating coverage, buzz and support for Aon. The team:
- Supported the livestream of the event with First Lady Dr. Jill Biden, hosted on the Chicago Apprentice Network LinkedIn page and amplified the broadcast within Aon and externally.
- Led all-hands-on-deck media outreach throughout the week, targeting a wide net of local and national print, online and broadcast media outlets.
- Prepped Aon executives and Apprentices for interviews and media opportunities.
- Led paid and organic social campaign across Aon’s social channels.
- Produced a video that highlighted members of the Apprentice Network ecosystem across the country, part of which was filmed in Vested’s New York office. The video debuted before the Chicago Apprentice Network event livestream and is hosted on Aon’s website.
- After the Chicago event, the Vested team edited a highlight reel featuring clips from the event, which was shared across Aon’s social media channels and eventually hosted on Aon’s YouTube channel and the Chicago Apprentice Network’s website.
- Designed physical collateral shipped to seven network locations to showcase Aon as a model registered Apprenticeship Program.
The integrated campaign resulted in 59 total pieces of earned media coverage, spanning across national outlets and various local publications across the seven apprentice network cities leading up to and during National Apprenticeship Week. The event livestream garnered 890+ attendees for the duration of the livestream and over 12,000 total video views over time.