A Guide to Hiring a Tax Professional

What are the different types of tax professionals you can hire to help with your tax returns (CPAs, tax attorneys, enrolled agents, etc.) and how do they differ? How do you select the type of tax professional you need? And how do you find a legitimate professional that’s right for your needs? Requirements: Tax and finance professionals (CPAs, financial planners, etc.) only, please.